Here are the step by step :
1. Both buyer and seller can go to Abu Dhabi to park the car in Abu Dhabi Licensing Department in Muroor road near Mushrif Mall. Seller should drive the car.
2. When the car well parked, remove the plates (front and back)
3. Go to RTA Dubai or AL Shamha to transfer the ownership. Return the plates to them and mulkiya or car registration card. Get the transfer letter from them.
|Car Registration Card - Front|
|Car Registration Card - Back|
4. Back to Abu Dhabi Licensing Department in Muroor. Get the vehicle inspection done then get third party car insurance.
5. Go to registration counter to register the car in your name and get new plates.
You are all set!
Read my other post about Tips while buying a car in UAE.